Saturday 28 November 2009

KODAK SALE

Its been a while since posting, I have been busy photographing and listing for sale on EBAY loads of KODAK camera's plus a lot of old cine movie camera's. I did not realise how many old Kodak camera's I have collected over the past year!
I have some more to list and once this is complete i can continue with the restoration work on the vintage No1 Pocket Kodak.
Saying that, things will be busy next week as I am starting another 'restoration' project on Monday. This one will be to remove an old roof off a barn and replace. This includes salvaging the old oak beams and re-using the 100+ year old clay roof tiles.
There is also some stonework to be repaired and hopefully the weather will be kind but I guess its going to be cold! I did 'swear' that I would not do another building 'restoration' job for a while and concentrate on my 'buying & selling' venture but this was too good to turn down.
The main reason being, its at Rockfield Studio's, I may get to meet some famous 'rock star' but I doubt it. The last 'famous' person I met, or should I say. 'could of met' was David Byrne (X Talking Heads lead singer). Thing was I had gone to see him play in Nottingham at the theatre there years ago, great gig/show and was stood next to him in the foyer. Daft thing was, I never even realised it was him at the time as I was too busy making a 'feeble' attempt to 'chat up' some girl.
Anyway, it was a great night!

No comments: