Thursday 19 November 2009

Restoring Kodak PART 3

Well, I learnt something new today about restoring 'Vintage Kodak Camera's, to make the leatherette 'shine' use a good shoe polish. I hope I did the right thing but I do remember reading this somewhere.

So, today I glued most of the pieces of 'leatherette' back down to the camera except for the front panel that cannot be put back on until re-painting is complete. I then gave the camera a bit of a clean and polish, I was going to continue with trying to sort out the sliding action.

The camera's 'bellow' unit slides now or should I say 'glides' nicely until it reaches the case. This is where there hinge underneath the lens should rise up and the whole lot should fit back in the case. It then jams and will slide over back into the camera case but requires some 'jiggling'. I cannot see any obvious signs of why this is happening and its causing me concern, if I cannot sort this out then the camera will only be a 'display' piece.


I would be happy to have this on display, even in its current condition, but then I am biased. The challenge was to restore the camera in order to take some photo's. so I guess its back to the 'grind' stone.

I did manage to date the vintage 'Pocket No.1 Kodak Camera' but unsure how accurate this is, it would be great to find out if the dates correct and how many were produced. Anyway, here's some more photo's of progress so far. i am 'chuffed to pieces', which reminds me of a joke -

My friend suffers with manic depression so I pushed him in front of an old  'steam' train. He was 'chuffed to bits'! Oh well, it made me laugh.



No comments: