Tuesday 17 November 2009

"Restoring Kodak" PART 2

I managed to do a bit more work on the "Kodak Pocket Camera" today even though its been 'one of those days', busy! busy! busy! Today I stood not 25 feet away from where some of the defining moments in 'rock' history were made! Or should I say 'created'? I was at the studio where Queen recorded the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' album, 'Oasis' first album 'Definitely Maybe' was recorded (or should I say the first attempt?). I could go on as this was just a few 'groups' who have recorded there such as 'Led Zeppelin' but back to the camera.

I said it was 'one of those days', for some reason my 'blog' won't let me upload any photo's. I have managed to remove a lot of the paint and rust but still have a lot to do. I was un-decided about doing this as its a question of re-painting so that it don't spoil the look. Thanks to some advice from a helpful chap, Michael over at the vintage-camera-online forum , I have decided to go with the re-paint option.

I know that this is not the easiest especially getting good result and the only way I can think of doing this is using some sort of 'spray' method. I do not think painting by hand will produce the best results, thankfully I have a friend who renovates old 'Harley's'. He's a 'dab' hand at spray painting and I guess I could get some advice on the 'mechanics' of the camera. I know there's a big difference between motorbikes and camera's but he's great at fixing anything. I  could cheat and ask him to do it for me but I guess I will have to learn some new skills.

So, until I sort out this 'blog', I'm sorry but no pictures. I will retry later on. I am off 'wrapping", no its not a spelling mistake, the only 'rapping' I do is packaging my Ebay sold items!

Update, if you are seeing pictures then great the blog is working!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I got myself a Kodak Vigilant Six20 from eBay. Its bellow is torn and needs to be removed. Could you tell me how I could remove the bellow assembly from the body?

Thanks,
-Ranjit