Thursday 12 November 2009

EASTMAN KODAK No 4 A Model B Bellow Camera


Well you just don't know what you may find when you open some of these old Kodak folders. I don't even know where I got this one from and its been sitting on the shelf for the last year or so. I remember trying to open it up when I first aquired it but could not figure out how to do this.

Look what it turned out to be, I was very surprised as i thought it would be the usual "Kodak" folding camera. As soon as I saw the "Morrocan" red leather bellows, I new it was not your usual camera. I think I have identified it correctly when I say its a "EASTMAN KODAK No 4 A FOLDING CAMERA MODEL B with BAUSCH & LOMB RAPID RECTILINEAR LENS IN A KODAK AUTOMATIC SHUTTER". Thats a mouthful and I may be wrong,
I guess I am still learning how to identify old camera's and all about them, I still have a long way to go. I could not even figure out how to connect the camera lens to the door when open! I will have to have to "google" it, not unless someone out there could explain to me how to do this. I will probably figure it out myself but I am worried about causing any damage.
This is a great looking camera it obviously requires some restoration work but the shutter action works and the bellows are in very good shape. Even the lens does not look to bad considering its age, no scatches or visible marks.

What a great find and just when I was about to give up on another "folder" that I could not open, hey presto out pops a very nice "KODAK VIGILANT SIX-20 WITH KODAK No 1 DIAMATIC AND KODAK ANASTIGMAT f:8.8 100MM LENS"!. More about this one later on.

Black & White Photography Magazines from £1.65 plus P&P.




No comments: