Friday 4 December 2009

A really old camera I found!

I discovered this one not too long ago, it had been living on my shelf for a very long time, I just could not open it. I think I may have wrote about this on a previous post. Anyway, I decided to 'let it go' as I will never get to restore it! It would be a great thing to do but I am already working on one old camera and this will probably take a while. If I could afford to keep it then I certainly would and one day, when I am really old and doddery i may get time to restore it!
So this one's over to you, take a look at the photo's, we all know what it is, if you do not then its a nice old Kodak. Its a great vintage, a Kodak No.3 Folding Pocket Camera Model E-3, the last USA patent date is 1906. So, whats a 'good' price for this one????? Take a look at the photo's and you tell me, I would be interested to know.


Looking at it, its been through the wars, actual it is older than both World wars so to see one 'bashed' about aint a rare thing! This would make a great restoration project, I even have the missing piece of leatherette if its re-usable?

As for the lens, its in great shape the shutter action works well and there are no visible scratches. Internally is very good for the age and the bellows are 'sound', they don't leak any light!

I could spend all night writing about this camera and putting more photo's online its such a great camera. I envy the one who owns this especially if they are intending to restore it. Maybe you would like to send me photo's if you do buy it and restore the camera to its former glory.
More information,photo's or to make me an please get in touch - contact@charliequins.com.

No comments: